So you decided to be an Entrepreneur to supplement or replace your current W-2 “Job” income. You found a company/product and are launched. How are you doing now? I made that decision several years ago and have hit many of the bumps and deep potholes in the road to success that you are experiencing.
The main factor to my floundering has been the training & marketing plans offered by the companies that I was affiliated.
Have these things happened to you?
The first opportunity I joined had a wonderful product, but no real training.
- It was one of those companies that started the training with: “Make a list of friends & family.” Sound familiar? All this got me was a lot of folks that dodged me and my phone calls and NO sales.
- The second suggestion was to: “Sort of eaves-drop in public [check out lines etc] and if I heard anyone expressing dissatisfaction with their job or lack of money, I was to go into my 30 Second Elevator Speech and share my business card. All that got me was requests from the store management not to talk to anyone in the store or not to come back and NO sales. Sound familiar?
- The other suggestion in the training was to have Home Parties and Hotel Meetings. Works for Tupperware right? So I showed up with my flip charts or power-point presentation after organizing the meeting. A few people show up, but no one is interested. Did they just come for the snacks or to get out of the house?
- Have you been frustrated with this approach also?
The next thing I was advised was to purchase huge leads lists and calling with a prepared script. “It’s a numbers game. Just increase your numbers.”
- That got me a lot of hang ups and folks telling me they did not want a home business – and that they just filled out a form while trying to win a computer.
- After going through 25,000 purchased leads, I had 6 customers. Only 1 of which still places a couple of orders a year. Not a real good return on my investment.
- Have you been disappointed by this type of advice?
The next approach was a step in the sort of right direction: My up-line developed a plan a program that was easy to follow to recruit people into the business. Program was a little pricey, but looked well organized. The problem with it was – I still had to get folks to talk to. Meaning I had to chase folks down to get them to listen to my pitch.
- I was told my lack of success was – lazy not getting out to talk to folks enough.
- I was told I was not motivated enough.
- Again massive work and time and minimal business growth. And what’s more the folks that joined me because of the system dropped out after seeing that it did not grow the business quickly
- Has this happened to you?
All along this disappointing and frustrating process I was learning:
- A good product does not sell itself.
- Annoying friends and families is not the way to run a business.
- Ambushing folks in public – pushing business cards etc alienates people.
- Buying huge lists of expensive leads with no marketing plan attached does not bring you income.
- People like to buy stuff but, hate being sold.
- No it’s not exactly sales, but it is marketing.
- Good training is step by step and geared for the beginner so it can be learned and shared.
- The training should be in the marketing system not just in the scripts.
- I needed a clear training system with a good marketing system. The marketing system should do the sorting of leads with potential for you.
I wanted what you want and need: a good training system with training on how to use and profit from a good marketing system. Support from a mentor to assist with your personal plan.
When you are using the best tools [the system] for the job your business will grow. See what I found click here.