“To do list” too long and not enough time?
Where is the blame? Too long a list or something else? Perhaps prioritizing the list is the answer and time management for working online from home is the key. But to prioritize you must look at the items on the list with an analytical eye. “What activity will build the business and when should this activity be performed?” are the two major criteria to manage your time.
- Unlimited time on forums – forums and your input can get your brand out there, but spending hours reading everything on a forum is a time waster.
- Facebook time: Posting to your business list about events, hints is a promotion of business, but spending hours checking our all your buddies posts is a time waster.
- Email time: Keeping a business email address separate from your personal email will help you prioritize your time. Business first and personal later on your list.
Good stuff [in no particular order]:
- For an online business: personal contact with leads and applicants and those you are mentoring.
- Attending webinars, live seminars.
- Following the steps to your business growth plan – be accountable.
- Writing/posting advertisements
- Research sites to post banners.
- Researching/Writing Blogs & Articles
- Creating videos recording how to webinars.
- Taking care of yourself – motivation activities [meditation, jogging, going to the gym for a quick morning workout are examples of productive self care.]
So the good and profitable is stuff identified – now what?Step One for time management for working online at home: Prioritize by time of day as well as by the building potential.
- Daylight and early evening hours the priority should be on phone contact with people who have applied to your business, people you are training/mentoring in your business.
- Very early morning and late night or when you don’t have anyone to actually speak with should be focused on business building activities.
- Working with your training program and attending your company webinars and live events will help you grow more quickly.
- The business building activities of writing/posting advertisements, or researching and posting banners are good activities to help build sales.
- Blogging and article research and writing as well as video/webinar creation are other worthwhile activities to increase your name recognition that should be done during the times when live calls for personal contact is not appropriate..
Step Two for time management for working online at home: Prioritize by what will grow your business best and give yourself realistic time limits.
- I only spend 30-45 minutes maximum on the “time wasting potential activities” at the END of my day.
- The work time, [usually 6-7 hours a day] I have available is prioritized: talking to customers, trainees is first.
- I rotate the other activities throughout the week. You can’t go to a seminar or attend a webinar when none are scheduled. But, you can follow your training schedule with your mentor at any time.
- All research and writing activities should be done when there is no potential of live interaction.
- The personal email and personal Social Media is last.
Make your plan, prioritize ruthlessly and you may even have some time left over.