The thing about New Years Resolutions is that they focus on the “should haves” and the “I need to do’s” that do not stir the soul enough to keep going all year long. Remember those that vow to loose weight, save money, stop smoking etc???
This year I have stumbled upon an idea for a New Years Resolution that is very easy and can enhance your business and your life! It involves altering your focus on your lift. I know sounds hard, but with this method it is easy to do.
Step by step directions for my Perfect New Years Resolution.
- First get a quart or larger canning jar or a jar that spaghetti sauce has come in. Wash it and the lid out and dry it thoroughly.
- Second, keep an eye out for good things that happen to you or things that you are grateful for.
- Third, write yourself a note about those things and put it in the jar.
- Fourth, keep up the focus on the good things and the gratitude and repeat step three all year.
- Fifth, New Years Eve 2013 open the jar and review all the wonderful things that have happened all year.
Keeping yourself focused to note the good things and the things you are grateful for all year will keep you in a positive frame of mind. You know what they say misery loves company – so don’t be in that crowd. Be one who attracts joyful and fun happenings by being filled with gratitude.