The second in the series teaching how to market on the internet so that you are not stuck with no prospects like you have been in the past focuses on blogging. So read on and learn from my experience.
I am sure you have heard of blogging as you are reading mine! If you don’t have a blog you are missing out on a wonderful way to get exposure as an expert in your field, even if you are early in your marketing career. You can and must always learn as you go.
Blogs for business topics include ideas ranging from how you got started in your business, how to choose the best business for you, summary of information that you just learned about your business to share with others. These should be divided in categories of beginner or advanced business or some other descriptor so your readers know what type of material to expect.
I am going to share with you the sites I use for establishing my blog for you to explore. But, do keep in mind there are many other sites out there that work well so investigate and choose.
- The first step is to get a domain name. I do recommend GoDaddy as an easy to work with company. https://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/tlds/us.asp?isc=IAP349US The name of your blog may be your name with something tagged on it like – tips or info or marketing secrets or reviews or training etc. Get yourself recognized or your service recognized – brand it.
- The second step is to transfer that domain name into a blogging format. I use wordpress.com not .org There is more control and ownership with the wordpress.com I am not an affiliate of theirs, I just like their whole set up. They have templates that are easy to use, have widgets to custom design your blogsite, as well as have instant linking to facebook and twitter. You can also add a Ping.com attachment so your new blog posts get announced in a number of social media areas.
- The third step after getting the blog set up is to go ahead and write and publish. Remember the more often you can do your posts the more often your name gets out there for recognizability. The more you are recognized the more you will be perceived as an expert. Don’t use your blog posts as a major sales platform! Promotion should be less than 1/4 of content.
- The fourth step is to explore adding things like “widgets” to your blog to facilitate viewers exploration. There is also a relatively new featured widget called “Share with a friend” This will enable your readers to instantly email the current post to friends. This can help your blog go viral. A viral blog gets you recognized and increases your credibility fast.
- The fifth step is add your own sales banners. If you are an affiliate of any product find out if the product company has banners with your affiliate link embedded into it. If so put the banner onto your blog as a widget. You can generate $’s this way.
There is an excellent source for guidance on getting your blog up with power to get you leads for your business. Just like attraction marketing you don’t have to spam people – You just need to learn to attract their attention better. Check out information from Ty Tribble Blogger Gruru here: http://drjill.bloggingforprospects.com/
Ok the next step is yours Get Blogging for notoriety and sales!