I have decided to share a series of posts about how I market on the internet so that you are not stuck with no prospects like you have been in the past. So read on and learn some of my secrets learned from my experience working online.
I don’t know about you, but I am fed up with all the SPAM from folks saying buy my product. This stuff that arrives uninvited in my email inbox NEVER gets opened. So how are you to get your product in front of people without spamming?
The answer is simple get your name out there to be recognized as an expert in your specific field.
The first tip has to do with advertising. Did you know there are online listings that you can advertise your product without a huge expense? Most are totally free, some are very minimal cost. These are just a couple of sources – you can google “free online advertising” for more.
But don’t be too quick to go there and put up an advertisement – READ ON!
Most of these sites have a specific format they want followed. It is wise to understand a little bit about how to construct an ad before you place it.
You will be doing what is called text advertisements.
First: The format for most ad sites is as follows: 25 spaces for the catchy headline [this is the line that attracts attention to get folks to actually look at your ad.] 35 spaces for first part of body [this is the line that gives a teaser of information] 35 but sometimes more for 2nd part of body of ad [this is the hook the directive to click on link to your landing page.
Second: So how do you figure out what to say in your advertisement? Check out your company sponsored landing page to see exactly what it says. What words are used, how are the products or training explained? Your ad must be congruent with the landing page information. Why? If you answered an ad that appeared to be for “a good source of vitamin C” and the landing page showed a juicer you would thing that it made sense. But, if you clicked on an ad for a product or information and the link you were sent to [landing page] did not match the information contained in the advertisement – you would not bother reading the landing page info, but click close.
Third: So you have written an advertisement that is congruent with your landing page. The advertisement site will then want your list of keywords.
- What the heck is a keyword? Well when you want information on a topic you google or other search engine with a phrase and wait for information related to that to show up in the search browser page.
- Same thing works on the advertisement sites. People type in keywords – what ever they are interested in or looking for and click.
- If you want your ad to be shown for folks that just might turn into customers you must use their search words.
- No you do not have to be a mind reader. You do what is called a keyword search. Here is Google’s Free Keyword Search tool that I use: https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/Explorer?ideaRequestType=KEYWORD_IDEAS&__u=3629105971&__c=2889298651#search.none
- Use the keyword part of this site to find out variations of something you feel would be a good idea. This tool will increase the amount of related keywords you will have to use.
- You should save the lists that show up with each of your “ideas” in a separate document on your computer so you will have them segregated and at your fingertips for future lists.
- Shoot for at least 10,000 keywords – many will not work for your landing page, but many will.
Fourth: Some of the free ads sites will allow you to use a picture as a thumbnail with or in your advertisement. Don’t have any pix? There is a site that has a lot of pix to use. All you have to do is go to the site and type in a topic or an item you are looking to locate. http://images.google.com
Fifth: Now choose your Ad – Networks Site: Pick out 2 networks and build 1-2 campaigns for each. Keep a running log document and save it. Your running log should show the ad you are using, the network ad site and the keywords you used and the date you posted the advertisement. This will make it simpler to track your progress if you have it recorded.
You have your keyword lists to choose from. You have several advertisements written and you have chosen your ad – networks site. Go for it. See what your results are and refine. The most common error is lack of congruency between the advertisement you post and the landing page where you are sending your potential customers. To get an idea of what ads are online – use the ad – network site as a customer and see how other peoples advertisements are worded. See what ads look interesting and what ones are a turn off to you. Take all this information and go with it and create your first free ad campaign.
To learn more about attracting folks to you and your product through all online means check out this link about Magnetic Sponsoring: http://DrJill.magneticsponsoringonline.com