My favorite quote – Interpreted. “Failure is the path of least persistence” The concept behind this has real meaning for me in my educational pursuits as well as when I started my online business. Continue reading
You have a small business or an online based business and are looking for some ways to get your name “Out There” and spread the word. Viral Videos may be a good idea. Continue reading
The Panic of Starting an Online Business Exposed!
What do you do when you make plans then life happens?
You set your goals, make you make your step by step plans to reach your goals then life deals you a curve. What should you do now? Other than shriek “Oh S…!” Continue reading
Want to Find the Best Online Home Business?
1. The mission and the business model must be clearly stated and understandable. Is it a franchise, a MLM, partnership, online store etc?
2. The training and knowledge of the company must be easy to understand and complete. Too much techno-jargon will scare away the beginner, but training should take into account some folks are a bit advanced. So the balance is beginner information with another tab for the more advanced person to begin their training.
3. The mentor, must be very knowledgeable, break things down for understanding and very available to answer questions. He needs to show you respect and help you. A mentor never looks down on you, a snob does. Availability is the key to keep the momentum of learning rolling, email, phone calls, webinars etc. Easy access to your mentor thwarts frustration.
4 The support and community must be available and hold you accountable for what you say you will do. Technical support and The support and information from others that are in the business is invaluable. The mentor should hold you responsible to follow through with the steps you agree to perform. You should hold yourself responsible to follow through so your business can grow. Does the company have a forum website, webinars or another easy way for members to communicate?
5 Goal driven behavior must be fostered by the company’s program for you to emulate. Your mentor and training programs must show measurable and attainable goals or goal steps. Does the company have a clearly defined career progress path that is spelled out so you know where you are on the ladder of success?
6. The next part involves YOU taking full advantage of the 5 steps above. No halfway “I’ll try statements”! Just make the commitment “I will do this step, follow the guidance.” Commitment and follow through with the steps to success is the path to follow.
Why Is Marketing a Dirty Word?
Because people equate marketing with hard selling. What makes the difference? Continue reading
Want To Save Money on Taxes? Home Business May Be The Answer.
Think about how much you paid in taxes this year – most of us think of that dollar amount with a pained face. Yes, it’s too late for this year’s tax savings, but not too late to plan for next year.
Having a part time or full time home based business can get you a sizable tax break. You will need to review the federal as well as your state laws for the specifics and the percentages allowable for each type of deduction.
- The percentage of your home that is totally dedicated to home office is deductible as well as the amount of utilities for the home office.
- Your computer, phone, fax, office furniture, lamps, rugs and repairs to these items are all items to keep track of to decrease your tax liability.
- Your small office supplies like paper and ink for your printer and fax, paperclips, pens/pencils, note pads are deductible home office expenses.
- If you live in a snowy part of the country and pay to have your driveway shoveled a percentage of that fee may be deductible as you need to move your vehicle out to work as well as the family car. [If your home office is 20% of your home, you could deduct only 20% of the snow removal.]
- When you have a home office and you leave it to perform a job related service work mileage begins at your home office and ends at your home office – no commuting miles.
- Some states and municipalities offer “Homesteading Tax Breaks” which will give you a sizable break on your local property tax, provided the percentage of the office space vs living space is not to high. This enables you to save at the local level for your property as well as the state and federal level for your income tax.
Keeping good records of all expenses for a home office can save you lots of money at tax time whether your home business is part or full time. So what are you waiting for start file folders and collect your receipts.
But before you start squirreling away your receipts – make sure you have a home business. A business that you can start with 8-10 hours a week and then grow from there would qualify you for these tax breaks. Check this information for a doable home business with lots of information, training and mentoring to help you get started and grow. Click here.